The construction of this place was started in 1848 by the last emperor Nawab Wajid Ali Shah and was completed in 1850. The buildings on three sides of the Qaiserbagh quadrangle, once provided quarters for the ladies of royal harem. The compound of the complex was once enclosed with gardens, fountains, mosques, palaces, harems and courtyard. The baradari which means twelve doors is an elegant nawabi-style pavilion, which together with gardens is an essential feature of architecture in Lucknow. The Qaiserbagh Baradari, square in plan, stands in the middle of the palace complex, and contains a number of colonnaded halls of varying sizes. In the centre stands the white Baradari, a grand white stone edifice which was earlier done in silver. The structure also has two Lakkhi gates and former royal residences, now privately held. This is a best place to have a walk down the history of Nawabi era.