Home > Sikandar Bagh

About Sikandar Bagh

Sikandar Bagh derives its name from one of the begums of Nawab Wajid Ali Shah, Sikandar Mahal formerly known by the British as Sikunder/Sikandra/Secundra Bagh. Spread over 120 square yards it is surrounded by a high wall and has a summer house in its centre. The place had also been associated with the war of independence activities, the importance of the site, where the fiercest of the battles of the 1857 conflict took place on November 16, which left nearly two to three thousand of the Indian freedom fighters died fighting against the English and Sikh troops of the British East India Company.